Tuesday 2 July 2019

Visit to school in Liverpool....!!

Dear friends, thank you very much for your response to my last articles... In my very last article I wrote about my journey to Liverpool, England.
In today's article and onward I will be writing about my learning experiences at IATEFL CONFERENCE...
So today I will talk about the pre- conference event organized on 31st March 2019. It was a memorable visit  to a primary school in Liverpool.
The name of the school is PLANTATION PRIMARY SCHOOL...which is run by private management..
As the name , so the school is...
The praiseworthy plantation done by students and the special education about plants is given in there nursery... according to the information we got from school authority, the head master ; students have a special class to go into the plantation area and teacher gives information about the plants in practical...students learn by all their sensory organs...These is something  through which we can imbibe the knowledge about so many things in environment...
The other noteworthy thing that I found about plantation was they made use of waste to make it best...
I could see that the empty plastic cans  were cut to make pot and the saplings were planted in that...
The front yard was looking beautiful with numerous delicate and beautiful flowers,  plants and blossoms... Through  the pleasant entrance when we entered into the school , the very first thing I was attracted by an innocent and a lovely child of pre primary grade standing near the entrance... He was very shy and charming boy...I went to him and asked his name but he only smiled at me...
Till then we were called to make our entry digitally by the biomatrics...
Even we had some issues with registration , I was impressed by the technology that they used to keep record of visits to their school...
Completing that process , when we entered the assembly hall where  pre primary and primary grades were presenting some of their daily routine activities including some action songs and moral conversations...
Then we went to observe the classes from pre-primary grades..
I went to one of the classroom where the learners of age group 4 to 5 years were busy doing so many things..
I could noticibly see that the classroom was full of the resources including physical and digital...
The best practices I could experience in the classroom can be listed as follows :
* Learner autonomy
* Assessment on time variation
* Guided freedom
* Digital learning
* Constructivism
* Skill development
* Personal facilitation
* Self dependence
etc.....

I spent maximum time in pre primary grades... because I wanted to see that how did they prepare children to learn...and I was lucky enough to see all the above features that really help to develop the preparatory learning skills among the children..

In my next article I will be sharing the features in detail..till then have a look to this...
Wish you all very happy monsoon.....!!!

2 comments: